The main Library and Mobile Libraries aim to;
- Ensure that a wider population of Santal and Kora children have an opportunity to access story books in their own languages, by disseminating Suchana’s Santali and Kora publications
- Make learning more interesting by providing a wide range of books available to children, under an open shelf policy;
- Increase the level and depth of literacy amongst primary and secondary age children;.
- Connect education to children’s lives and to books beyond school text books.
- Make books accessible to children in a wider geographic area, beyond Suchana
- Encourage appreciation of stories and connect stories with books via reading aloud.
The Mobile Library visits 25 villages using a van rickshaw and a Maruti van. Colour-coded trunks carry the books to about 1000 regular members every week. Library sessions are also used, in addition to reading aloud and issuing books, to carry out basic literacy games and activities in Santali and Kora.